HAL101-HT Mono Block Amplifier Module
The HAL101-HT is a new amplifier designed for home theatre and active loudspeaker applications in mind. The new module uses a single pair of dual die lateral MOSFET's in its output stage allowing power outputs as high as 250 watts RMS into 4 Ohms and 150 watts RMS into 8 Ohm loads.
The new HAL101-HT module has been designed for minimal external wiring going to the main PCB, with all of the input and output terminals mounted directly onto the main printed circuit board.
Other features include fully balanced and direct coupled design with automatic DC offset controlled by an on board DC servo amplifier. So there is no capacitors anywhere in the signal path.
The HAL101-HT has a high performance low noise power supply, utilizing 8 x 4700uf 80 volt audio grade filter capacitors which is configured in a RC PI filter arrangement.
The use of a large number of small filter caps in each supply rail provides a low ESR, low noise supply that feeds directly into the power amplifier with the shortest possible connection.
In addition to the features mentioned above the new advanced module now has balanced input stage which just like the other amplifier modules can be configured as an unbalanced input. The HAL101-HT also has a solid state MOSFET output relay which can be controlled using the Power One AC mains controller; therefore adding some built in loudspeaker protection.
As the HAL101-HT module is a fully self contained power amplifier module that only requires the addition of an external power amplifier and it is recommend that you use the Power One AC mains controller in conjunction with the HAL101-HT module. This allows complete power amplifiers to be configured
with 1 to14 channels.
Also given the HAL1010HT module has XLR balance input stage it is an ideal module to be used in active loudspeaker applications where long cable runs of low level signals need to be transmitted to remotely located amplifiers right at the loudspeakers.
- 150 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 8 Ohm Per Channel
- 250 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 4 Ohm Per Channel
- The HAL101-HT is 2 Ohm Stable
- Biased into Class A/B
- Power Bandwidth 3.5hz to 300khz -3dB
- Dampening Factor At 100hz = 800
- RCA single ended Input impedance 20k Ohms
- Balanced XLR input impedance 40k Ohms
- Single Ended Input gain = 30.6dB
- Balanced SLR input gain = 36.6dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio -105dB
- Transformer secondary winding 0-45vac + 0-45vac (400VA)
- Printed Circuit Board Dimensions 263mm x 60mm
- Recommended Minimum Conrad Heat Sink MF30-75
A list of parts needed to build a Mono Block NXV101 R2 Amplifier.
- 1 x HAL101-HT Amplifier Module
- 1 x HPA-Power One AC Mains Controller
- 1 x 400VA toroidal power transformer with 2 x 45VAC secondary winding
- 1 x Conrad MF30-75 heat sink