HPA-NXL1000 Power Amplifier R1
Here is a new power amplifier from Holton Audio, the NXL1000.
Capable of up to 1500 watts RMS continuous sine wave into 2 ohm loads or it can be operated on lower supply rails to drive even lower impedances!
The amplifier board measures 360mm x 63mm. it can be powered from a Hypex 3kW SMPS or for the more discerning and the abilities to drive loads lower than 2 ohms continuously the use of a 2KW linear power supply per channel would work well..
The output stage uses 12 super rugged Exicon dual die lateral power mosfets, which in turn are driven by a pair of 36 watt SMD power mosfets mounted on the underside of the main PCB for an iron grip on the output stage Gate's.
NXL1000 R2 Specifications
- 450 Watts continuous sine wave into 8 Ω
- 750 Watts continuous sine wave into 4 Ω
- 1500 Watts continuous sine wave into 2 Ω
- Biased into Class A/B
- Power Bandwidth 3.5hz to 250khz -3dB
- Damping Factor At 100hz 8Ω = 1300
- RCA Single ended Input impedance 20kΩ
- Differential Input Impedance = 40kΩ
- Single Ended Input Gain = 30.6dB
- Differential Input Gain = 33.8dB
- SNR -110dB
- THD-N = 0.005% @ 100 watts 8 Ohms
- Recommended Linear Voltage Supply +-92 volts DC
- PSU Power Transformer secondary windings 65vac (2KVA)
- Printed Circuit Board Dimensions 360mm x 63mm
- Recommended Conrad Heat Sink 2 x MF35-75
- Designed as high performance High End 2 Channel stereo amplifier
- Unconditionally Stable into any load from 2 ohm loads and up
- Extra Heavy Duty Two ounce copper printed circuit board
- Rugged Single Die Lateral MOSFET Output Stage
Basic list of parts needed to build a 1 x Mono Block NXV500L R5 Amplifier.
- 1 x HPA-NXL1000 R1 Amplifier Module
- 1 x HPA-NXVPSU Two Power Supply Board
- 1 x HPA-Power One R4.5 AC Mains Controller
- 1 x HPA-SS/Relay One
- 1 x 2000VA toroidal power transformer with 2 x 65VAC secondary windings
- 1 x Conrad 2 x MF35-100 heat sink minimum