HPA-Limiter-One R4.0 AC Mains Current Limiter - Standard Version
The HPA-Limiter-One R4.0 is designed to limit the excessive inrush current to a safe level, found at turn on in toroidal transformers of 300VA+ rating. This excessive current surge is mainly caused by the toroidal core magnetising currents been unstable for the first 250ms or so after power is applied to the primary winding/core. This can in most cases trip the household circuit breakers, which is most irritating and inconvenient. The Limiter has the added bonus of limiting the charging currents passing through the bridge rectifiers as well as the large main filter capacitors found in most conventional linear power supplies. Which in turn help to remove the stress from these vital components.
The HPA-Limiter-One R4.0 has been tested to work on toroidal power transformers as large as 4KVA and load tested to 2400 watts, making it more than tough enough to handle most installations with ease. The HPA-Limiter-One R4.0 could also be used to protect most switch mode power supplies.
The HPA-Limiter-One R4.0 designed to work in 100 volts AC to 270 volts AC at 50-60 hz allowing it to be used in most world wide AC mains installations.
Also the Limiter One version is designed to handle main DC filter capacitance up to 40,000uf per voltage rail.
For High Storage filtering the HPA-Limiter One R4.0 High powered version is strongly recommended.
It can be power directly from any secondary transformer winding with a VAC range of 30vac to 60vac.
- Constructed on a heavy duty 3 Ounce copper FR4 PCB.
- 30 Amp - 380 volt contact rated relay.
- Heavy duty surge limiting NTC thermistors.
- Quick and easy installation with FASTON connections.
- Fast reset and enable with rapid mains power cycling.
- On board 24 volt voltage regulator.
- 2 second approximate surge limit delay
- 30VAC Minimum power requirement at 70ma
- 60VAC Maximum AC input voltage
- PCB dimensions are 83mm x 50mm