HPA-NXL500 R6 Amplifier Module
The NXL500 is designed as a very high performance, high end audio amplifier in the Recording Studio's, Audiophile Amplifier's, Home Theatre and Sub-Woofer Amplifier's
The performance of this amplifier is truly awesome and unlike a lot of amplifiers these days. The power ratings are continuously rated sine wave into a resistive load.
The NXL500 R6 has XLR Balanced inputs as standard and it can be configured for RCA single ended input.
The update includes a completely fresh PCB layout and some interesting design changes.
The latest iteration allows for a constant 2 ohm rating of up to 880 watts, with three pairs of dual die laterals in the output stage, and an additional MOSFET driver stage, improved inter stage filtering and decoupling capacitors.
The new driver stage also improves the THD+N performance bringing it down to 0.0007% at 8 ohms 1 Watt.
THD+N Test @ 1 watt into 8 Ω
50Hz - 0.0007%
100Hz - 0.0009%
500Hz - 0.0015%
1Khz - 0.0028%
10Khz - 0.0036%
20Khz - 0.0064%
All power tests have been done of a 2KW variable voltage power transformer with 60,000uf per supply rail with the idle DC voltage set to +-80vdc and single channel driven only.
NXL500 R6 Specifications
- 300 Watts sine wave into 8 Ω
- 525 Watts sine wave into 4 Ω
- 880 Watts sine wave into 2 Ω
- The NXL500 R6 is 1.5 Ω Stable
- Biased into Class A/B
- Power Bandwidth 3.5hz to 250khz -3dB
- Damping Factor At 100hz 8Ω = 1300
- RCA Single ended Input impedance 20kΩ
- Differential Input Impedance = 40kΩ
- Single Ended Input Gain = 22.6dB
- Differential Input Gain = 25.6dB
- SNR -110dB with respect to full power output
- SNR - 90dB at 1 watt into 8 ohms
- THD-N = 0.003% @ 8 Ohms 280 Watts
- Recommended Linear Voltage Supply +-80 Volts DC
- PSU Power Transformer secondary windings 55-60vac (1200VA min per channel)
- Printed Circuit Board Dimensions 231mm x 78.5mm
- Designed as high performance Home Theatre multi-channel amplifier
- Or High End 2 Channel stereo amplifier
- Unconditionally Stable into any load from 2 Ohm loads and up
- Extra heavy duty two ounce copper printed circuit board
- Rugged Dual Die Lateral MOSFET Output Stage
Basic list of parts needed to build a 1 x Mono Block NXV500L R6 Amplifier.
- 1 x HPA-NXL500 R6 Amplifier Module
- 1 x HPA-PSU Two R3 Power Supply Board
- 1 x HPA-MCU Power One R1 AC Mains Controller
- 1 x HPA-SS/Relay One
- 1 x 800VA toroidal transformer with 2 x 55VAC for 4 ohm loads
- 1 x 1200VA toroidal transformer with 2 x 60VAC for 2 Ohm loads
- 1 x Conrad MF35-151 heat sink Minimum
We Also Recommend
Holton Balanced AC One
Holton DC Blocker One R4: New R4.1 Out Now!