Holton Five-Zero-Zero Supreme
The Holton Five-Zero-Zero Supreme is the latest design from Holton Audio and is a true dual mono bloc power amplifier encapsulated in one chassis.
Featuring a 2KVA toroidal power transformer which is suspended underneath the main amplifier circuitry mounted on its own mezzanine floor. The power supply features 300,000uf of storage and extensive additional supply decoupling on the input VAS driver stages. The new supreme also has additional MOSFET driver stage to tightly control the main Dual Die MOSFET output stage, resulting in much improved bass authority and extention; improved imaging and spacial 3D sound stage control.
The enlarged power output stage on the Holton 500 Supreme allows 2 ohm loads to be driven to 750 watts RMS per channel allowing even the most demanding loudspeakers to be powered with ease.
The Holton 500 Supreme just got us an award at the
2017 International HiFi Show in Melbourne, Australia.
Holton Five-Zero-Zero Supreme Specifications
- 300 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 8 Ω
- 500 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 4 Ω
- 750 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 2 Ω
- Biased into Class A/B
- Power Bandwidth 3.5hz to 250khz -3dB
- Dampening Factor At 100hz 8Ω = 1300
- RCA Single ended Input impedance 20kΩ
- Differential Input Impedance = 40kΩ
- Single Ended Input Gain = 30.6dB
- Differential Input Gain = 33.8dB
- Fully Balanced Circuit Topology
- SNR -110dB
- THD-N = 0.005% @ 10 watts 8 Ohms
- Unconditionally Stable into any load from 2 ohm loads and up
- High powered Solid State output relays for silent turn on/off
- and lightning fast loudspeaker protection
- Extra Heavy Duty Two ounce copper gold plated printed circuit boards
- Rugged Single Die Lateral MOSFET Output Stage
- Total of 300,000uf supply storage
- Almost no internal cabling; both channels are embedded into a single PCB